The Nissan Armada is characterized by its large size, which provides eight seats, which makes it a suitable option for families, in addition to the enjoyment of its eight-cylinder engine with a power of up to 390 horsepower in its latest versions, and that Nissan began manufacturing this type of family car in 2004, and is still Several versions are produced each year, such as platinum and titanium versions, but Nissan vehicles are like other vehicles in terms of their exposure to various malfunctions, so in this article we will present the way to deal with the malfunctions of their air conditioners, and the way to take care of them.
Nissan Armada air conditioner faults
Air conditioner malfunctions lead to a decrease in its efficiency in cooling the air, and different parts of the car affect its performance even if the cooling system is not affected by malfunctions. The following is a mention of the various malfunctions and how to deal with them:
1. Cabin Air Filter
The air filter in the car’s ventilation system is exposed to dirt and dust that accumulates on it, which works to emit hot air from the air conditioner instead of cold, in addition to its pollution, which will cause the cooling system to exert more effort in cooling the air, thus consuming greater amounts of fuel. this problem by following the following things:
- Open the location of the filter and make sure that it is cleaned periodically.
- Use vacuum cleaners or cleaning systems that use compressed air to sweep large amounts of dirt off the surface.
- Changing the filter at a mileage of 16000-32000 km at most, even after cleaning it; Because the previous methods will not be able to get rid of the small particles accumulated in the layers of the filter.
2. Condenser contamination and fluid leakage
The thermal condenser is the part responsible for absorbing the hot heat carried by the coolant to get rid of it and release it into the air, in order to restore its low temperature and be able to cool the air that will reach the air conditioning system, but the accumulation of dirt, grease and insects in the condenser disrupts its ability to pass hot air and get rid of it, It can deal with its problems through the following things:
- Clean the surface of the air conditioner using a power washer at the lowest pressure to avoid damaging the grille condenser surface.
- Coolant may leak from the condenser, so it’s recommended that you check for leaks before they become a bigger problem.
- Change the condenser if it is damaged and caused by fluid leakage due to this damage.
3. Refrigerant leak
The low level of coolant in the car is responsible for the inability of the cooling system to produce cool air at the desired temperature, and the Armada in particular loses at least 15% of its coolant annually without any failures, but the low level of coolant in its tanks within a short time indicates the presence of Leaking, coolant issues can be dealt with by the following:
- Periodically refill the coolant reservoir when its level drops.
- Ensure the integrity of the rubber insulation ring, coolant transfer tubes and condenser; Because its malfunctions will lead to a refrigerant leakage from it.
- Pay attention to the sounds emanating from the car engine that may indicate a leakage of coolant gas, and use materials designed to detect gas leaks to find the location of the holes and change the damaged part.
4. Evaporator contamination
Dirt and dust accumulate in the evaporator when it bypasses the condenser filter, which leads to clogging it and negatively affecting the cooling process. The intermittent air flow from the ventilation holes in the car, or the emission of a musty smell from them, indicates that it is clogged with dust. This problem can be dealt with through the following things:
- Cleaning the evaporator with the help of specialists; Because the evaporator is located behind the dashboard, which contains a lot of sensitive parts, which need to be careful when removing and handling the parts adjacent to the evaporator.
- Monitor the evaporator, and ensure that it is free of holes that lead to refrigerant leakage, and change it if it is damaged.
5. Damage to the compressor
The piston works to convert the coolant from its gaseous state to a liquid to cool the air in the car in the required manner, and its failure leads to a halt in this process, and the following things lead to the piston malfunctions:
- Not running the air conditioner for a long time, which causes the piston parts to stop moving and freeze in place, and then it should be changed.
- Friction of the internal piston parts with each other, and corrosion due to a low level of lubricants in them, or due to a technical failure that leads to the breakage of parts of them and the formation of metal fragments that remain in the cooling system, which will sabotage the piston even when changing it and placing a new piston, and then the entire air conditioning system should be changed to solve this is the problem.
6. Blower motor failure
The failure of the blower leads to a weak and low air flow inside the liquid, which affects the distribution of cold air inside it, due to the wear of its engine or an electrical short, and it should be changed in this case.
7. Cooling System Gate Motor Malfunction
This engine controls the flow of air and heat inside the car, and it is usually located under the dashboard, so its failure leads to a crackling sound from this place when the air conditioner is turned on or the temperature is changed, or a slight knocking sound is made on the car door when the air conditioning is turned off or the car engine is turned off.